Wednesday, September 2, 2009

grad school options

MFA-Costume Design

Theatre
UofI-UC Facilities comparable to BYU's. A good program from what I here, however their head prof is/has retired and there is a hiring freeze so the progam's kind of in limbo from what I hear.
Boston University: excellent facilities. looks good, although the grad classes look similar to some I've already taken. Boston's nice
UC-Irvine: lookin' good. has "multicultural spring" w/ visiting professors and masters classes.

Film
USC: Deborah Landis teaches here, NOT UCLA like I thought. However, they don't currently offer an MFA in design, but will in the near future
UCLA: just another good CA choice.

I'm meeting w/ Janet tomorrow to discuss my future. I'll write an entry for this week at the end of it.

3 comments:

Becca said...

California schools all the way!!! (except USC...don't go there.)

Ashley said...

If you go to grad school you have to promise to work in movies. I want to see your costume designs in s movie one day. :)

Caitlin said...

California!!