Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Grrr...I have a love/hate relationship with my German class. I love doing the reading at home and thinking that I understand and get it. I hate coming to class and learning that I didn't, or coming to class and realizing my accent sucks, or coming to class and realizing I can barely form a simple sentence, or coming to class and having all my adjective ending homework be wrong. It's probably not so bad, but I'm used to things coming naturally to me and of course am frustrated that after having taken so many classes to get this far I still suck rocks at German. I feel like scheduling a time w/ my professor to explain why I suck so bad, but that's a cop out and how would it really help? I'm doing what I can, but could probably do better if I had hours more to devote to German than the already hours I spend every night. UG!!

I'm really interested in maybe doing a field study or internat'l intership in India. I popped over to the Field Study booth in the WILK today and even popped on over to the office after German this afternoon. Pretty much it'd be awesome and I could go over and study/work film (a kid just pwnd the India Film scene recently I guess) but the bottom line is that if I want to graduate in April '11 I'd have to pick between Spring in London or Field Study in India Spring/Summer. Any other options tacks on a year or so to my major. I think the best bet is still to go to London and try to find an internship on my own. Maybe the Indian Film kid has some contacts that could help me out though.

I'm going to watch the Taffetas tonight because it's the last rehearsal before an audience. I'll have to do my homework after instead of during.

At least my hair looks good today.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I'm glad about your hair. You should have taken French, it is way cooler than German.