Thursday, September 10, 2009

India for New Years?

Grad friend Jaynanne drew my attention to the Costume Society of America's study tour of India this coming holiday season (Dec 26-Jan 6). The tour goes to many many major cities and visits fabric museums and so forth. Here's the agenda http://costumesocietyamerica.com/India_Agenda.pdf.
My grad student friends think I could get a grant. Field Studies is looking less and less like an option b/c they go to mostly Tibetan India, but this would be PERFECT. If I get a grant I'm totally there!

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Good luck-it would be a blast!

dolce vita said...

Aiiiii,

It would BE AMAZINGGGGGGGGG, but you wouldn't get to go to Chennai or Cochin--where I'm from! Delhi is beautiful--my mom grew up there, and she LOVES IT.

AMODINI said...

Sound lovely. Meanwhile, there's a typo for the description of day 8 (in the .pdf) :

We will also visit artisan
shops for tie-dye/babddhini, and
mirror-work.

It should be bandhani/bandhini, not babdhhini.