Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cedar to the City

I love Cedar City, well I love the Shakespeare Festival. Cedar City so far is pretty and small and EVERYONE drives the speed limit and comes to complete stops b/c the police are absolute Nazis. This is strange and tedious, but I guess there are worse things than following traffic laws.

The costume shop is fantastic. Janet and I have been organizing and pulling stock with the draper and first hand. All the costume shop people are great. On Thursday we went to "Cowboy Lunch" aka a diner that has livestock auctions on Thursdays that draw in the cowboy crowds. Needless to say I'm rather excited for next Thursday :). I went to Midsummer's cast meeting on Saturday and stayed for the read through. I'm very very excited for this season! Tomorrow are the designers' design presentation in the shop so all the crews can see what everyone is up to. We've had company meetings and safety meetings and BBQs and I just love the atmosphere here! Everyone's artistic and theatrical and working towards making amazing theatre. Dream come true!

Mckell is down from BYU as well on the lighting crew. We live in the same apartment complex and went to church together. They combine three singles' wards into one during the summer and it's a pretty good size. Mckell and I made a couple friends but plan to make more tomorrow at FHE. I don't know if it's needless to say or not, but the contrast between the open minded people at work and the...adorable kids at church is almost comical.

Costume shop days are 8:30-6 and I'm working doing anything and everything Janet needs me to as well as stitching. I'm excited to be the assistant because while I can stitch, and am fairly good at it, I like to have an excuse to do other things and meet the actors and other crew members. So here we go!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Hooray for keeping us updated!

MOM said...

Keep the blogs coming!! Have you met Jessica yet? If she's anything like Jentry she'll be TALL!

Gwennifer said...

Look at you being a real human being/grown up! If you could hear my heart just now, you would hear it, quite literally, swelling with pride...

...or an aneurism over the fact that people actually come to complete stops at stop signs. That's lunacy.