Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bein' outdoorsy!




I was outdoorsy this weekend. Almost all the costume shop gals went to Zion National Park on Saturday and hiked all day. It was fun! I'm outdoorsy if others are outdoorsy. That being told to a guy at ward prayer tonight he suggested that I go on the 7 day Grand Canyon excursion in July...yeah, that might be too much, plus I've got stuff to do when I get off work. So here's a new list.

-Being already acclimated to the altitude here made me feel like a hiking maniac because I never got winded and all our hikes were a piece of cake. While all the other girls were completely killed I felt like a million bucks.
-Non Mormons pronounce Zion "Zi-ON" not "Zi-IN"
-Kristen from the shop is from Minnesota, it's hard not to talk like her when I'm around her.
-Europeans LOVE national parks.
-I met more people at a random ward prayer I went to tonight. It's after a weekly fireside so everyone else is dressed all nice. I'm used to ward prayer in a parking garage in anything from Sunday best to pajamas.
-I've planted the foursquare bug in the minds of a couple of ward kids.
-I've been moisturizing with Udder Cream that Janet gave me. Even though I'm in the driest climate ever I've never been softer!
-Logan comes home in like two months! Isn't that exciting?
-If I can afford to go home I get to meet my new nieces!
-Another week of work starts tomorrow! I love being in charge, but I'm glad that Janet's coming back on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I want to see what YOU looked like outdoorsy. I still find it hard to imagine you in any sort of outdoor/exercise clothing. :)