Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Spreading the Bollywood Love

I watched Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi for about the fifth time tonight with some of my dearest and oldest friends. For all but one it was their first Bollywood experience. I LOVE showing people Hindi movies for the first time and I think this is a great one to do it with. There are obvious, glaring and unavoidable lapses in plot and character judgement, but I just can't get over how fantastic Suri is. After taking acting I can mos def appreciate the paradoxes and ridiculous amount of emoting that goes with playing both Suri and Raj. Mad props SRK. And who doesn't love Phir Milenge Chalte Chalte? I watched Om Shanti Om w/ Sarah last night for about the 6th or 7th time. Again, plot holes and deficiencies, but how can you not love Dhoom Taana and Dard-e-Disco? Or Akshay Kumar w/ a gun in his pants? Just fun times. I think I'll write an entry for my other blog about the amazing costume transformations in RNBDJ and OSO w/ Suri/Raj and Om/OK.

No comments: