Saturday, August 8, 2009

5 Things

a) What's the point of camping? I camped last night and it was so windy the tent wall was on top of me the whole time from blowing in so hard, the noise was ridiculous and it's HOT. I'm not a wimp, I've camped in worse: tornadoes, much hotter weather, floods, you name it, but seriously? What's the point even if there is nice weather? You may say "Oh, camping in the winter, or in the mountains is great b/c you get all cozy at night". Fine whatever, but I still say civilization has worked hard so I don't have to rely on packable bedding and shelter. I love camp fires, camp songs and camp stories, but camping is ridiculous.

2)I'm going up to Omaha tonight to see Love Aaj Kal (just opened last weekend in India!) w/ my new friend Rohit. He says there are subtitles, let's hope so.

iii)I can write and read Hindi, very slowly, but I can't speak it. I can say the basics, Mai Shelby hu and so forth but I hate to study vocab which is very important. I will work on this, as I will my German so I can have fun in Berlin when I work on the Don 2 set.

Vier)If you have any Bollywood connections that could get me on the Don 2 set next summer let me know :)

5) I'm exhausted from a night on the ground listening to the wind whip around our tent. I'll force my sons to go to scout camp, but if my girls don't want to go to girls' camp I'm not forcing them, unless we live in CA or some other place other than Nebraska by then. In that case I'll pull the whole "when I was your age it was either 115 degrees with 80% humidity or we had tornadoes"

No comments: