Sunday, July 12, 2009

Nauvoo


I spent the weekend in Nauvoo, IL; one of the many MotherLands of the LDS Church. During summers they have the "Nauvoo Pagent" in which hundreds of Cheerful Mormons sing and dance the story of Nauvoo for you. I decided I wanted to go b/c lovely Mary Jane from work is in said pagent everrr year. It was great! I love Mormons in Theatrical Mass.


Besides the fun of the Pagent on Saturday night we walked around Historic Nauvoo and learned a/b making boots, wainwrights and blacksmithery, bake-ed goods, and one room school types. I went w/ the sibs (Cakes and Bud, b/c the married ones are dead to me) and a group from Cake's Omaha ward and some Iowa City tag-a-longs (mmm...peanut butter). We got a baptismal session in at the Temple (HUGE FONT! and GORGEOUS marble!). They had the girls do 15!! baptisms each (for those of you who can appreciate that).


Another High Light of the trip was the boy from Nepal in our group. He speaks Hindi, no biggy, and I talked Bollywood w/ him. He was going to give me the names of some comedies and the address of the Indian store he works at in Omaha, but his psycho crush got in the way, but no worries, I toats FB'd him.


Also: I've gotten through the Hindi Alphabet! I just need to go over the conjuncts a little, then I'm on to the real dialogues and lessons! Huzzah!


A Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna song is playing on my bollywood playlist right now and I kind of want to puke because a)it makes me think of that movie and b)I really like the music from KANK!

No comments: