Wednesday, July 29, 2009

BW: Dev

Just a short note a/b Dev. Amitabh Bachchan and Om Puri are best friend cops on either side of the Hindu/Muslim conflicts in Mumbai. Fardeen Khan and Kareena Kapoor play the tug at your heartstrings face of the minority.



Overall pretty straight up ridiculous in a really violent, awkward, Kareena and Fardeen smashing their faces together(yes! a mouth kiss!) and Big B being unavoidably lopsided kind of way.



It had a good message but tried to say too much w/o saying much of anything. I found myself wondering why some scenes were included and wished that others had been. It overreached.

Good things a/b Dev:
Kareena Kapoor w/o make up. She actually looks human.
Dev's doctor of a wife, played by Rati Agnihotri, was a gem.

2 comments:

AMODINI said...

I saw this a really long time back, so remember this faintly, but I think I liked it. The director Nihalani has some other very good films (see imdb) - you might like those.

Shelby said...

thanks!