Sunday, May 31, 2009

So Tired!

The wedding is over, and I for some reason am still up researching Bollywood! I watched the ''making of" Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. It was about half and half Hindi/English w/ no subtitles! Gosh. Anyway, it was way fun. The item number had five themes centered around famous Bollywood heroes which of course I'll now have to research. I met a lady at the wedding who says she's friends with a Bollywood actress and we were going to see about getting me an "in", but we didn't follow through. At the beginning of the week I watched the Filmfare Awards (Indian Oscars) for the 2008 year on YouTube. No subtitles, but I got about 20% of it, and actually laughed at some of the jokes. I haven't watched Jodhaa Akbar yet, but we'll see if it deserved all the awards it got. I'm totally biased towards SRK, but I'll try to watch Hrithik objectively.

The wedding was great! I looked cute in the skirt I made, and Caitlin's (which I cut the pattern for and everything) also turned out fantastic. I've got to spend the week w/ my family, minus Jer's fam, and have gotten to meet new fun people from Dave's side. I've made some new besties.

1 comment:

dolce vita said...

Yay Wedding! You know, I haven't met your family yet....we need to fix that.

As for old Bollywood--I suggest watching Paakeezah, if only for the costumes (and Meena Kumari is phenom). Nutan Behl (Kajol's aunt!) also has 5 Filmfares to her credit....Uh, Tere Mere Sapne was amazing, as was Teesri Manzil.
Also, look up Satyajit Ray's films--it's Bengali, but he's a much subtler director than most Bollywood directors....you know?