Sunday, May 3, 2009

funtimes weekend

So yesterday I spent the whole day with Haleh and various and sundry other people. I went in at noon to get my hair and make up done for the 1 o'clock foto shoot. It was so great! I got airbrushed and the costumes were great. I modeled 2 and M'Lisa modeled another one. The second one I modeled was a black suit and we put me in an amazing black 'fro wig and it was so Vogue, like no jokes, the pictures looked really good from what I saw, totally pro.

After, Haleh took us out to a new Mexican resteraunt and it was delicious. Then, after an hour break I went over to Haleh's to watch what I thought would be Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, but I couldn't resist watching Kuch Kuch Hota Hai again! I brought my uni remote because she had a big TV, but her DVD player didn't have a remote and we needed subtitles. Turns out though that the DVD player didn't have a code in any of our sources. So we did a code search, which programmed the remote, but all the buttons were wrong, like 3 was down and down was stop etc. We figured out most of them, but it turned out there was no enter button, so we couldn't get the subtitles to work. In the end we got cozy and watched it on Haleh's computer. Martha came over near the end of the remote fiasco so she was there too. I just love these girls! Some of my favorite ever.

Since we didn't watch K3G last night we're going to watch it sometime today.
Church was good, we meet in the SWKT, that's fun, fond memories of Om Shanti Om of course. People are nice, hopefully I'll meet and get to know more laters.

2 comments:

Gwennifer said...

Sweet deal! Photoshoots are fun when you're all prettified and such. You should get your hands on some copies so the world can see.

K3G is mad good from what I've seen so far--totally makes the Awards sequence in Om Shanti Om like fives time funnier. I'm watching it on Youtube, so the quality isn't the best, but beggars can't be choosers, right?

"Diwale Dulhania Le Jayenge" is wonderful. Kajol is great and I've come to realize that her unibrow isn't so deplorable. Aishwarya Rai is probably still my favorite heroine because she's SUCH a ferocious dancer. I'll take a look at the one you've been singing praises of for the past week if I can find it. Oh oh oh, I forgot about "Lagaan"! That's the one I've been hearing about the longest, that one's definitely on my list too.

How could I have been so out of the loop for so long? You should introduce me to your cool Bollywood-loving friends when I get back. Better yet, we should get them recruited into the Bollywood Club.

We're so cool.

MOM said...

I talked to an MD from India today, he recommended you watch Davdas (I think).I left my paper with the spelling @ work. He said it has amazing costumes that are award winning. I think it has the guy from Om Shanti Om in it. LOVE