Saturday, May 23, 2009

Some stuff about my actual, not Bollywood life



I got my new Bollywood DVDs today in the mail! Jodhaa Akbar and Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. Jodhaa Akbar's Hrithik Roshan's newest and Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi is SRK's newest. JA won all the 2009 Filmfare awards. I promised Martha to watch RNBDJ w/ her, but she's in CA until Monday night. I promised my Bollywood Posse to watch JA w/ them, and it's looking like w/ the wedding coming up the fam probs won't let me induldge in Bollywood this week, unless they really are as cool as I think they are and want to come along to Bollywood night!!
The BP (Bollywood Posse) watched Main Hoon Na this week. Oh SRK, how do you do everything? I'm EXTREMELY tempted to intern or something in Mumbai and just be a gopher on a Bollywood set. It'd be intense b/c of the language and height barriers, but everyone mostly speaks English anyway, and I guess my neck does bend down :) I could totally rock Bollywood. I've done so many random things for jobs that I'm sure I would be just fine.
I spent the whole day (10.30-2; 3.30-8) sewing the three skirts I'm making for the wedding. I just had to sew the facing on Caitlin's today, the center back seam, the zipper and I've pinned the hem. I sewed the back seam on mine, set the zipper and put it on a form for the weekend to set the bias. I had to do everything w/ Ashley's. I cut the pattern awhile ago and had to alter it for her, but it was wrong to begin w/. For some reason I made each half the total circumfrence. I eventually figured out that it was way too big. I have Ash's all done except for the hand work. I'm a little shot.
Whit comes in tomorrow night! We're going to have a sleepover at whichever of Dave's friends Whit's staying w/ before she goes down to Payson.
I'm doing really well in my sewing class. I just dropped $40 on a pattern and wool (mostly the wool b/c the Vogues were $4!) for my lined jacket. Of course I'm making a vintage pattern w/ plaid trim! Work's good. I'm a little sad b/c since I work on the collection I'm in the classroom and don't get to talk w/ Martha. And now we're done on campus and will be working off site. Poop. This week at least the collection bosses are at a costume convention or something.
I checked w/ the Elms' office. I'm just moving across the way for Fall so I'll be in the same ward and will basically still be living w/ the awesome babes I live w/ now, only Genevieve will be w/ me too!
I'm listening to an awesome techno remix of The Black Pearl Cake's told me about. It's pretty Bollywood :P

Shelby out.

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Ha-I knew I could get you to write about something else. See you Wed.

Gwennifer said...

Ouch. Thanks for taking a cheap shot at my confidence, you pencil-necked harpie.

Jay-slash-kay. I'm so jazzed for B-wood parties in the Elms next year!

Gwennifer said...

^---*Harpy

dolce vita said...

Bollywood! JA is good, but my first impression after it was over was, 'shiny'. It's a spectacle, and Hrithik is amazing, but I dislike Aishwarya, so I'll never say she's good in anything.