Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Daddy Long Legs

Genevieve, Pete, Seth and I went to the Orem Library's Tall Tale Contest tonight. It was an epic success. Things learned from this experience:

1: Orem is Provo's ditch.
2: I completely misused talking as a small child.
3: There is an entire Orem storytelling culture that I'm out of the loop with.
4: Said story-tellers like to laugh about how many kids they each have.
5: Cats only speak with Spanish accents.
6: Orem is full of housewives that love to tell stories.

All of this being said, Genevieve and I, along with trying out for Humor U, are going to enter this contest next year and only tell stories about BYU and our hometowns, using obscure references and laughing at things no one has ever heard of besides us. And we'll win.

On another note, here are some traced sketches of the homeworks I've been working on. I'm doing The Twelve Dancing Princesses for my fairy tale assignment and The Scarlet Pimpernel for my final musical assignment.






Shelby out.

3 comments:

Gwennifer said...

I love how educated we became via the Story Telling Guild of Orem.

That, and I love dresses that dissipate into grass.

Marisa said...

How fun, you'll have to post your script next year for your story. Just tell all inside Luke Family jokes about potty cookies and such.

Ashley said...

Orem is not Provo's ditch. :P

Are you sure you are going to college? Those are such silly assignments.

Did you watch part 1 of Little Dorritt?