Sunday, March 1, 2009

Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

I felt really fun yesterday because I bought 3 lbs of ground beef for $3. It was amazing! I cooked it all up in a big pot and froze it in zip-locks, just like mom. Seeing them in my freezer makes me happy. That's about it for my weekend.

NOT, haha, gotcha didn't I?! Oh, that was funny. Anyway, that was mos def a highlight of my weekend though. On Friday I went over to Tim's to watch the second half of the Doctor Who episode we watched last week. It was fun. Roger and Brittany (Tim's cousin/pres of DW club and Rog's wife/first lady of DW club) watched with us and after we YouTubed it up and watched some disturbing videos made for kids that Roger and Britt found on a blog. So funny!

After Tim's and some sitting around in the apartment w/ Josh and Genevieve's visiting teachers we watched the second half of Titanic until 2am. I don't care who you are, if Titanic's on that's what you're watching. Genevieve got emotional, and I would have, but I took a nap during most of the sinking so it wasn't all that tearjerking once it got to it. All I cared about was seeing the ballin' corset scene, which I did.

On Saturday I went to Spring Sing practice, ate some pizza, got some cardboard boxes with Heather, went fabric/DI shoping with Genevieve (close out sale at Home Fabrics!), helped the aforementioned Brittany with her iOscars video, went to Stake Conference (totally crushed on the 6'4" something first speaker who served his mish in Zimbabwe), went grocery shopping, almost went to the dollar theatres w/ ward peoples but ended up watching The Manchurian Candidate. Can I just say that that movie is one of the ballin'est of all time? Oh man, I love it. Raymond Shaw is my sexy sexy brainwashed hero and Angela Landsbury is my Benjamin Button girl crush. I just love that movie! After the roommies watched Lars in Real Life (or Lars and the Real Girl if you prefer), which I'm sure I would have felt something for if I hadn't taken a nap during the part where you grow attached to the life sized doll Lars is dating.

Today was great! I crock-potted some orange chicken (it was only so-so) and went to Stake Conference in the De Jong. The stake choir was amazing and the talks were great and overall it was just one of those times you feel the spirit a lot and kind of just leak. We rocked out to MoTab on the way home in Veh-noos. We ate said orange chicken on the playground we have out back because today was BEAUTIFUL!! Like 70' beautiful! So gorgeous! After the CES fireside w/ Hales Gen, Bec and I walked to the Temple and back. It was nice. After that I finished my mixed media project for costuming tomorrow and now I have to do my New Testemant reading and get some patterning studying in for the midterm tomorrow.

Genevieve and I are living in the Elms next Fall/Winter. I'm living there for spring as well. I'm excited to get south of campus and in a more social area of Provo, and to meet new people! I'll be a Junior next year! Can you believe it! Just watch me grow up right in front of your eyes because I'll do it, I swear I will, and it'll freak you out, and it'll freak me out because two seconds ago I was in high school and three seconds ago I was in diapers.

6 comments:

Gwennifer said...

Lars in Real Life--

would that be the movie when Steve Carrell dates a doll because his wife left him for being too overprotective of his daughters?

Ashley said...

BYU is making you weirder than you were before. :P

Whitney said...

This entry is too long, I got bored before I read it all. :)

Shelby said...

story of my life whit, gosh. Fine, here you go

friday: movies
saturday:movies and beef
sunday:fireside and temple walk

that's my weekend

Marisa said...

Perhaps I am completely ignorant, but who is Raymond Shaw? Is that someone from Dr. Who? Yes, I plan to be at the wedding, unless our finances take even more of a nose dive.

Shelby said...

Raymond Shaw's the main character in the original Manchurian Candidate, a must see for well rounded movie enthusiasts.