Thursday, March 19, 2009

Feathers and Laser Assault

So yesterday was fun...

After classes I drove to one of my costume prof's house to get some tips on how to make Whitney's headpiece for her wedding. It was fun, and kind of weird, but that's college right? I call the assoc. dean of the fine arts college by his first name, so why not go to a teacher's house. Keep in mind that she's probably under 30 though, so not SO weird. ANYWAY...

I spent most of the rest of the night building Whitney's headpiece and getting feathers everywhere. It was exciting. I think it's turning out well. Today I will talk to Priscilla (my prof) about adding the gemmy dangles. I should have it done by Saturday and I'll ship it out to NE on Monday and it'll all be grande (that's right, with an E).

But, that wasn't the best part! I'm going to MacBeth tonight w/ some girlfriends and some dates, but my first choice fell through, so I thought it'd be fun to go w/ Alex from NE who's at the U, but he's got too much on his plate to come down. So I went to great lengths (not really) to get the number of a nice guy in our ward to ask him, but he couldn't go, but sounded sincerely sorry about it (unlike the original date choice PS I'm TOTALLY done w/ him). So, he's friends w/ a friend of Genevieve's who she got his number from, yada yada the four of us went and played LASER TAG last night! It was SO much fun! I'd never played before but I got FIRST! I shot Genevieve 56 times or something, and she only got me 27. It was lots of fun. After that we had a funtime mini-dance party in the parking lot, then split, I did my homework, ate some Reese's Puffs and went to bed.

Plus the weather is perfect.

Good day.
and don't worry, I got a date to MacBeth

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Yum, reese's puffs. Oh, and have fun and glad your done with whoever plan "a" was etc. etc. etc. all those things I'm suppose to say if I had ANY idea what you're talking about. When's your "interview" with the Hollywood lady?

Gwennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gwennifer said...

I love how you glean so much pleasure from telling the world how many times you shot me, even though I was the one that [indirectly] hooked you up with this guy in the first place.

Just kidding, I'm glad it was a good first experience...and that there are feathers all over our living room. Really, it's a cute decorating touch...aka, I'm so glad there's a cleaning check next week.

Ashley said...

I won the first time I played laser tag too! I've never come close since. lol