Monday, February 23, 2009

b/c I'm a flake, but not TOO big of a flake, and I know the right people.

So, haha. Today I went in to say hello to my wonderful Janet (Janet: my faculty mentor and amazing costume designer extrordinair, if you don't know of Janet, you don't know me) because I haven't in a while and I wanted to turn in my design app and ask about the Merit Scholarship. Turns out the scholarship app was due on the 13th!! AHHH!! So my nice morning chat w/ Janet turned into me scrambling upstairs to get the forms, filling them out lickity-split, running a reference form down to Priscilla (costume faculty) and up to Rory (assoc. dean, costume/set design faculty) with pleads of speediness. Of course Janet got one too. The girl at the desk chuckled because I knew I was way late and she knew I was way late and a good laugh was had by all, yeah. Anyway, because the costume faculty is soooo nice they all got their references in by the end of the day, even before lunch I think, and Janet made a call so all is well. So that was my fun morning!!!

Before my portfolio presentation for Intermediate Costuming I went to say hello again to Janet because we didn't have very fun times this morning. We chatted and I'm going to help her with The Secret Garden down in Cedar City (for U(tah) S(hakespearian) F(estival)). She might be able to pay me, but even if not, if I help enough I could be billed as the assistant costume designer which is a huge resume booster, plus working w/ Janet is always FABULOUS. It opens a couple of days after Spring terms gets out and Janet's going to drive down and back up in a day to see it and I could go along! I've always wanted to go down to Cedar, and now I probably will! Maybe next summer after London I can get an internship there. I love my major. I love my Janet.

I've been going through withdrawls since Millie got over.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Shelby, I love your stories! I'm glad we got to chat tonight...and that you could get to know Dave better!