Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Do what is right because it is right

It's been beautiful here of late. In the sixties/seventies. I wore a dress today, and it was windy!!! Very windy. Utah's got this thing where it'll just blow and blow and blow until the mountains are hazy with dust and the dust gets everywhere and you can smell it on your clothes and in your hair. Today was one of those days. I've heard this might also be "smog" but they never tell us if it is or not until it's blown over. Also, it came from the south today so I wouldn't think that it's smog. I think Ashley's been sending me smoke signals.

I saw Letter From Iwo Jima at International Cinema tonight, jealous? It was v. good a la Grave of the Fireflies (in that it makes you feel like a scumbag for killing Japanese people). Since Clint Eastwood won for Best Directing for it I payed special attention; his favorite: vere off the subject at the end of the scene with a fade out at the end, and generally just drifting to any direction to end a scene, very interesting. Overall it was very thought provoking and full of some v. handsome Japanese men, one of whom was the guy from Memoirs of a Geisha, which I want to watch right now, but I have to study for Marriage Prep, which is a v. useless class. The reading packet I bought is nice, but it's all kind of "duh" stuff. I guess I'm just a born marriage expert.

Is that short enough Whit? cause my life is too interesting to simplify any more!

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Travis and I watched letter from Iwojema's on cable a few months back. Good movie!! So you're ready to get married are ya!? Ignore all spelling errors, I've been up since 4:30 after a 1:30 feeding and 11 pm bedtime.

Ashley said...

Yesterday it was just dust, not smog.

Is the Saturn running good now?

Whitney said...

Thanks, Shelb. I was able to finish this one. :) I think Ashley is sending you smoke signals, she doens't like to use her cell phone.

Shelby said...

The saturn's doing great! It only takes like $23 dollars to fill it! I'll pay you insurance soon.

Gwennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gwennifer said...

I think you're shortchanging the word "very" with all this abbreviation lunacy.

Shelby said...

lemme guess Gen, spelled "you're" wrong?

there are too many veries anyway, I didn't want to spell them all out.