Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wed-Nes-Day

Kristin Burke, a Hollywood costume designer, is coming and giving a forum tomorrow. Then on Friday she's just going to meet with the costume students. We were originally going to all do research boards and she was going to give us feedback, but we won't have time to do everyone, so basically the top five costume students, based on portfolio and seniority, get to do a pitch for a job interview. I was picked! Isn't that fun?! It's a contemporary 20 page script that we're working off of, and I have MacBeth tomorrow night, so I don't know when to do this, but I'll get it done. Since it's for a movie she says not to kill ourselves over it because a lot of times you don't have mush notice before a job interview anyway. Another challenge is that movies do more concept binders instead of boards, so that'll be fun. This'll be good because I'm starting to look into grad schools and I have to decided between film and theatre costuming. I like the UofI which is theatre, and the best film schools are in CA, which I'm not a big fan of, but we'll see.

I got fabric for skirts for Cakes, Ash and me. If they don't like the fabrics I'll just keep them and good riddens to them!

This Friday I'm going to try to get up to Draper before the Temple open house closes, then I'm going to go to Sister Shelley's for dinner! On Saturday I'm going to hit up the P-town temple then hike the Y with Genevieve, Heather, and Amy. I'm excited.

Hey mom, do you want to, or get dad to find my baby picture where I'm in my chair on the counter and I'm grinning really big when I'm a couple months old and gangling with my arms out? I think I'm in a like teal PJs or somthing, and scan it and send it to me? I like that picture a lot and want it for my facebook profile :)

2 comments:

MOM said...

The picture in your book @ 2 mos is in pink PJs, still want it? There's an awful cute one of you @ Halloween as a bunny in '90 if you want ? Congrats on the interview, etc. Rock it ! LOVE

Shelby said...

Send me whatever pictures you want, you know I love to look at myself, and I love that bunny one too. While you're at it, send me the professional picture w/ my red velvet dress. Thanks!