Wednesday, June 17, 2009

BW: SRK & Kajol in San Fran!!!

Shah Rukh and Kajol, my two most FAVORITE Bollywood actors (SRK b/c hey, he's SRK, and Kajol b/c she's SO gorgeous and Indian and family-centric) are in San Fran RIGHT NOW filming Karan Johar's (one of my most favorite directors (Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kal Ho Naa Ho) and SRK's personal costume designer for some reason) newest movie (My Name is Kahn)! Can I change my NE ticket for a San Fran one? Local Indians have been trying to track down the shoot to get a glimpse of the actors, but they haven't found them so far. I'm sure I could...

I was thinking, even before I found the above out, there are a TON of Bollywood shoots in the U.S. Dostana was in Miami, Hrithik Roshan's newest is in Las Vegas, the SFL fashion trip to New York saw a wedding shoot earlier this spring; I could totally find a North American shoot to intern w/ next year even! Then I could make friends and get to India sooner. So fun! Now I just need to get a Bollywood in that can get me a position.

UPDATE: I might have the connections needed to get a wardrobe position on this shoot!!! Mary, who I work with/for might know some big costuming union/guild/association lady that would know about the shoot and would have enough clout to get me an interview or application or something. W/ my resume and the recomendations from top BYU officials, I would have a good shot at this! I can't stress how HUGE of an opportunity this would be, never mind the huge names that involved (did I mention Shah Rukh Kahn as the most recognized face in the WORLD?! and that he and Kajol starred in the longest running movie in the WORLD?!! and that, well, there are just a lot of pros to this situation).

UPDATE UPDATE: Mary's contacts were only in LA, but if I can find an address or phone number she's willing to recomend me, but Indian phone numbers do no good when they're in the U.S. already! And when I can't call India from my phone!

No comments: