Monday, January 26, 2009

What a Wonderful Winter

Today Deanne, our cutter draper, had me sew on a mock up! Mock ups are the muslin prototypes for final costumes. I just sewed together the collar/apron thing for our MesoAmerican MacBeth, but there were unlike curves involved and it freaked me out! It turned out fine, I think. Oh well, you gotta start somewhere. Someday I'll be a first hand or something, and maybe if we ever update our safety procedures and get our dye lab back I can learn to dye.

Colette came out this weekend to see Millie! It was so great to have her around! We went grocery shopping, and down to the Riverwood mall where we ate at Magleby's with her nephew (Ryan's brother's son) before we all went to the show. Afterwards we (just Colette and I) had a sleepover in her hotel room, ate chocolate covered pretzels and watched HGTV. It was such a fun weekend! Thanks for coming down Colette!

Millie looks amazing! Even after seeing it six times I still love it! I'm going this Saturday with Ashley, then we'll strike it and it will be out of my life forever! Then in March I'll get my assignment for next year :) I have some shows I'd like to do from the list for next season, but of course they are the ones that everyone wants to do, and there are seniors and graduate students that will probably get them.

I'm really loving being friendly and social. The ward's going tubing on Friday, then I have Millie on Saturday. My classes are going really well. Now that I don't have to be at Millie everynight I can do homework, or just lounge about. It's nice to only work my shifts at work and not be the first one in the shop and the last one to leave. It's just so wonderful to clock out and know I don't have to come back until the next day. I think my record for last week was going into the shop at 8 to work for two hours before class, then I worked my shift from 11 to 3, then I came back at four and worked Millie until the end of rehearsal at 11. Yes, that is 13 hours out of 24 in the basement of the HFAC, unless you count the De Jong as the 1 1/2 flour.

So, there's an update. Life is good. I'm really looking forward to the continuance of my living it.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

No, it's in Payson just at the local elementary school

Ashley said...

You couldn't find Tucanos? :P

Gwennifer said...

And now, a 2 am haiku...

During the long days,
I'm sad when you're not around
to sing our duets.

I need to go to beeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

P.S. I'm glad your life is swell.
P.P.S. You should send me the link for "Arcadia" so I can share in the resplendence of great theatre once more.
P.P.P.S. MILLIE TOMORROW! SO JAZZED!