Saturday, May 15, 2010

London People Watching

I'd move to London just for the people watching possibilites. It's full of all nationalities, languages and other sorts of people, not to mention the men, which I believe I have before. The tube is especially good for people watching. It's one of my favorite passtimes.

As for the men, Martha and I used to just grin at eachother when we saw a good one, then we started, with Lexy, calling the men, as in "Mine" and "He's on my team". After that we started to have to call them by what they looked like because a)there were often many attractive men in one spot and b)we'd both "mine" the same guy but after each other not thinking said guy was already "mined", i.e. "Red tie mine". This all sounds rather ridiculous doesn't it? Well, it is.

In the recent past we made up code words instead of "mine" because it got to the point where we were entirely too obvious and seagull-like. Indeed at one point I looked a man square in the eye and said "mine". So, now we have codewords, which are just as, and even more ridiculous. Mine is omelet. Yesterday I omletted a man that rivaled orginal jogger man. Not only did he have an amazing face and hair, but the most amazing suit I've ever seen. We happened to pass him as he was putting something in his pocket. His lining was red. Bestill my murmuring heart.

So, there you go. I am shallow. We are shallow. Many girls in the group now yell their random food to call men on the tube. We're getting over it, but not too quickly.

2 comments:

龍年生子 said...

:D Shelby, I can totally see you doing this! Don't be surprised if one of them asks for your number sometime (looked one in the face, eh? Saucy saucy!)...

dolce vita said...

Fantastic.