Tuesday, May 18, 2010

London Meeting Toby Stephens

Last night as a class we went to The Real Thing starring Toby Stephens. We've been studying the play as well. It's about selfishness and adultery, and more analytically and scholarly-wise commitment and love. I found the staging brilliant and Toby sublime. I could take or leave the rest, mostly leave Annie, the one with whom Toby affairs with.

This is me with the poster before the show and...


This is me and a group of girls WITH Toby Stephens after the show. Mandy (on his right) was our rock and insisted that we keep waiting at the stage door for quite some time. He was amazingly gracious and asked us about our University when we told him we were studying the play. He'd say "bless" instead of "cheers" or "thank you" which was refreshing. He's about my height, so that was nice (his not being shorter than me). He was just charming and nice, and so handsome and all of our hearts were racing the whole time. Oh, and his hair went like this *swooshy motion*. It was pretty great.


Me after, I was pretty star struck.

2 comments:

Debs said...

Hi Shelby, great to read that you enjoyed TRT thing last night, its a great play and Toby Stephens is brilliant isn't he?! I'm leaving a comment because I help to run his fansite/forum and thought, seeing as you said you were 'pretty starstruck' you may like to check us out: Tobystephens.moonfruit.com. We are over 1500 members worldwide, who fly in from all over to watch Toby on stage, the site also contains all the info you'd ever want on the guy, plus lots of other intelligent discussions and fun about many things. We have meet ups for theatre and fund raise. Toby has been warm and generous to us all, always has time to say 'Hi' at the stage door, stop for pics etc and appreciates the fundraising we do on his behalf. If you like his work you may be interested to know that at the end of TRT he's back on stage making his debut at the Nation Theatre playing the lead in Danton's Death. Hope you don't mind me saying hello - I hate to overlook another potential fan/member!!! Best of luck with your studies.

dolce vita said...

Swoon swoon swoon swoon swoon. I absolutely adore Toby Stephens, ever since I saw him in Jane Eyre!