Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Recent convos

I'm staying with my sister Ashley who has three small children. Here are three conversations I've had recently.

Emily (7): Aunt Shelby, why don't you have any kids?
Ashley: Bc she doesn't have a husband.
Me: Bc I'm not married.
Emily: Why don't you have a husband?
Me: Bc I haven't found a guy to marry yet.
Tyler (5): You haven't found a guy that's cool enough?
Me: Yep.

At breakfast.
Tyler: When are you going to fix you hair?
Me: After my shower.
Tyler: You haven't showered yet?!
Me: No.
Tyler: Bc your hair is all...weird and poofy...my mom has one of those things that makes your hair flat. Do you?
Me: Yes, but I don't use it very often.
Tyler: oh.

While looking at facebook photos of some guy friends.
Owen (3): Which one of those guys are you going to marry?
Me: None of them (sorry guys!)
Owen: Bc you hate them?
Me: Sure. (but not really)

Sometimes the final one word answer is the best to end an awkward conversation.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

My children are awesome.

Unknown said...

lmao, those convos are priceless. I literally loled at the last one.

"Because you hate them?"

hehehe, love it. :-)

-Shantelle
http://shantellevye.blogspot.com/
Geek + Music + Food = Blog