Monday, November 22, 2010

Reasons why being a wardrobe supervisor is soooo glamourous

1. Last week Romeo got punched in the face and sprayed blood all over Juliet's wedding dress. LUCKILY I was there after the show for a London reunion and got to clean the blood off right away!
2. Ironing is like my FAVORITE thing ever, sometimes. R&J has a couple shirts that don't need to be ironed and about a million that do. On Saturday I didn't turn on the industrial iron so I just touched up the sleeves of the shirts I knew would be worn w/o their jackets.
3. There's nothing more fascinating than the print of an actor's face on another actor's white shirt.
4. For Houseboat Honeymoon 2 years ago I got to hand wash a shirt every day b/c it got spat on every night.
5. For Houseboat Honeymoon I spent an hour cleaning watered down mascara off of a dupioni silk wedding dress.
6. Crotch stink.
7. For Dial M. for Murder I spent 3 hours repairing a fur coat.
8. For Dial M. for Murder I had to learn how to properly set off a pair of murderous back shears.

(Why I really love supervising)
9. I still find blood all over the building from Macbeth.
10. Actors are so fun! (mostly)
11. I have authority and can get people in trouble.
12. One time I was put on headset.
13. Wearing black gets you anywhere.
14. I've learned oh so many laundry and repair tricks.
15. My dressers and actors are visibly nervous when I pop into the green room after opening night.
16. My dressers and actors are visibly relieved when I pop into the green room after opening night.
17. I don't have to go to the shows after the first dress.
18. Warm laundry.

1 comment:

Lindsi Michelle said...

Shelby-

I put you on headset! That was me! (right??)

Love,
Lindsi

(who just found your blog and is really excited!)